Giant Offers Irresistible Deals On Snacks & Other CNY Essentials
It is probably now in the final lap of preparations for Chinese New Year (CNY) to usher in the Year of the Rabbit for many of us.
More places are offering big sales now, so if you haven’t started shopping for food and drinks, now’s the time. Giant is one of them, and they have some major discounts as well as limited-time offers on festive favourites such as abalone and packet drinks.
With Giant’s wide selection of items, you can keep the coffee table stocked with goodies for your friends and family while watching CNY celebration shows. On your next CNY grocery run at Giant, keep an eye out for these items.
1. Mandarin oranges: As a symbol of good fortune, this gift will always be welcomed. Better yet, they’ll be going for only S$7.50 for a pack of 18 from 12 to 18 Jan 2023, which is a 36% discount on its usual retail price.
2. Ferrero Rocher Chocolate: Those with a sweet tooth can also pick up a set of 32 Ferrero Rocher chocolates for S$11.95 at Giant. You can even get a few boxes in one go to distribute over multiple visits. This is because the treat usually costs S$22.75. On top of that, you get double yuuPoints when you use the Yuu app when checking out.
3. Abalone: CNY is the perfect time to indulge in good food, and abalone is usually a key ingredient. Whether you’re preparing a lavish feast or curating your own luxury gift set, abalone makes a great addition not only because of its taste, but also for its symbolism of good fortune and abundance. This deal runs from 12-15 Jan 2023, so mark your calendar if you want to keep it in mind as Giant’s abalone specials begin then.
During this time, you can find popular varieties from New Moon and Fortune at lower prices.
For one, New Moon’s New Zealand abalone will retail for only S$31.80, which is 30% below its usual price.
From Fortune, you can look for its baby abalone. One tin usually retails at S$38.80 but you’ll be able to get two for S$47.80 – that’s a 38% discount – during the promotional period.
In normal circumstances, such prices would be dismissed as (a)balone(y), but Chinese New Year is a time for giving, so get shopping! You won’t want to miss out on this sea-rious deal.
4. Drinks: The Chinese New Year wouldn’t be complete without a few rounds of Blackjack and Chor Dai Di. During gambling sessions, make sure everyone stays quenched so they don’t get thirsty halfway through. Packet drinks are one of the easiest ways to do so as they require zero preparation and come in various flavours to cater to everyone.
To keep yourself and your guests quenched, Giant has a variety of special offers on popular beverages from brands we all know and love. Yeo’s Chrysanthemum Tea, Winter Melon Tea, Longan Red Date, and more are on sale from 12 to 15 January.
The drinks come in packs of 24 and will be going for S$3.50 each — more than one-third the usual price of S$11.40. This means that each drink packet costs just 15 cents.
A minimum purchase of S$80 must be made at any Giant store in a single receipt to qualify for this offer, and there can only be one carton per person.
5. More Varieties of Drinks: You can also enjoy special prices on the following drinks from 12 to 18 Jan:
Ribena’s Regular, Light, and Strawberry-flavoured juices
Coca-Cola Less Sugar, No Sugar, Vanilla, and Light
A carton of 24 Ribena packets is going at S$8.70 (U.P. S$15.50) while a set of 12 Coca-Cola cans – complete with rabbit illustrations to suit the season – is priced at S$7.40 (U.P. S$9.85).
You can also find great deals on decor, cookies, spring cleaning essentials, and fresh produce for a top-notch Chinese New Year reunion at Giant.
Experience the CNY atmosphere at Giant Tampines night market
When it comes to CNY shopping this season, Giant shoppers have plenty to look forward to.
A highlight is the return of its well-loved night market at Tampines. As you may know, in November 2022, the supermarket launched its first-ever year-end pasar malam event.
It is now a CNY-themed market twice the size and filled with even more attractions to get visitors in the mood for the holiday season.
There will be food stalls selling Chinese skewers, Indonesian delights, Thai food, as well as traditional local delights such as kueh tutu from 5 to 20 January 2023.
Also available are pre-packed bak kwa, Taiwan muah chee, nut scooping stations, carnival games, claw machines, and S$10 huat bags that customers can fill with Meadows Japan snacks.
On weekends, from 6pm to 8pm, the God of Prosperity himself will be turning up the huat and giving out Meadows truffle chips to shoppers.
21 Tampines North Drive 2,
5 – 20 Jan 2023
3pm – 10.30pm
(Credits: YouYou_好介绍, oo-foodielicious, Giant Singapore)